Once you procure the required qualifications for becoming an Environmental Engineer, a myriad of options are open to you. There are multiple projects you can undertake throughout this line of work, and there are many other fields you can branch out to as well.
- Environmental Health and Safety Director: Environmental health and safety directors are involved in conducting inspections in various organizations and help control or completely remove health hazards in their line of work. Their main objective is the duty of looking after the welfare of employees, clients, and the environment they live in.
- Air Pollution Control Engineer: Air Pollution Control engineers work to provide pollution free air, especially in environments that are prone to lots of pollution. They often specialize in controlling pollution in different facilities, indoor or outdoor. They conduct maintenance checks on the air filters in different facilities, power plants, industries, textiles etc., to ensure the air that is emitted does not cross the limit of quality.
- Green Building Engineer: Green Building Engineers closely work on the design, repairs and construction of eco-friendly structures to provide a renewable source of energy limiting the levels of pollution. Building these structures require good cooperation between architects, engineers, clients and contractors to see the project through.
- Hazardous Substances Engineer: Hazardous Substances Engineer in every level have the responsibility to carry out or oversee the management of hazardous chemicals include, making laws and regulation while dealing with such substances, conducting maintenance checks, filing reports on problems that need to be addressed, verify measures taken to counter biohazards, etc.
- Environmental technicians: Environmental technicians usually work underneath the guidance of environmentalists. They actively evaluate and investigate the sources of pollution by conducting laboratory and field tests. Environmental technicians are often linked to environmental scientists and safeguard technicians